Monday, June 21, 2010

Inspiration Interrupted

I’m not feeling particularly inspired these days.  I don’t know if it’s the utter exhaustion due to the middle of the night feedings of my little man (who, by the way, does not sleep as well as his big sister did at this age).  Or maybe it’s the preparations to move into a temporary home this weekend, a week before embarking on a month long vacation to family-land (the question at every turn is whether what I’m looking at should be going to storage for the new house or into the far smaller temporary home or whether it will be needed for the trip).  Or maybe it’s the million ideas I have for the reno swimming around in my head (pink and blue bedrooms, bathrooms that won’t have walls for a few months and a huge kitchen with limited wall space are really making my head spin).  No matter what the culprit, I’ve found myself sitting down many times over the last couple of weeks with absolutely nothing swimming around in my head.  Perhaps the problem is not a lack of inspiration, but rather too freaking much of it.

I get writing about the renovations and I go on and on about all my ideas, which I then decide no one really cares to hear about (unless I can provide drawings and pictures, which would be far too much information).  If I get going on the kids and how they inspire me every day with their changes and unique insights into life, I feel like I could go on forever.  (Short story about the little miss…  I was feeding the little man at 3am the other morning and noticed the little miss’s favorite stuffy “Tiger Baby” in the living room.  When I was done with the boy, I decided to take Tiger Baby in to the girl while she slept.  She was awake, at 3am, and as I leaned down to kiss her, telling her she should be asleep, she asked “ Mommy, did the cow jump over the moon yet?”  Priceless.  “Yes, Baby.  You can go to sleep now.”  “Mommy, you’re the best friend I ever had” and she drifts back to sleep. Yes, it brought tears to my eyes. Yes, she talks that well at only 2 and a half.  Yes, it seems that every moment grants me some kind of dream of that calibre from my kids.  I am a very, very lucky Mommy.)

Anyway, I guess I just needed to say that it’s not for lack of trying that I’ve not posted (again) for far too long.  Time just gets away from me and my mind spins with too many ideas.  It feels a bit like an overcooked soup that has too many good things in it.  Mush, but tasty mush that you’ve got to really focus on to find your favorite ingredient.  Wow, I just compared my brain to the chicken noodle soup I made the other day (It was really good, by the way).  I think it’s time for bed… after I feed the boy…

No comments:

Post a Comment